Territory Bug

[UVA]Acrope

Territory Bug

Post by [UVA]Acrope »

I've been doing a lot of the territory and noticed sometimes the timer will reset once it gets to completion and not switching the territory over.

are there certain parameters the script looks at that would cause the timer to reset? or is this just a bug?

its a bummer waiting 40 minutes for the timer to just reset and have to wait it out again.

This happened yesterday twice in a row, I was able to go to a different territory and complete it.. and came back to the one that was resetting and it worked that time. that's why I was wondering if there was something in there by design causing this or if its unintentional.

- [UVA]Acrope
[UVA]Trix
Site Admin

Re: Territory Bug

Post by [UVA]Trix »

Hello Acrope. This is not a bug.

For example, if you have been there for 35 out of 40 minutes to take an USA territory, an USA member can enters the zone and will secure it, so the count will return to 0.

Yes, is enough exhausting if that happens to you.
[UVA]Acrope

Post by [UVA]Acrope »

What exactly are the paremeters in the script for it? Just any opposing gang member will invalidate that session? The timer only resets at the end of the time, Not in the middle.

I suppose if that is a function of the script, i would just like to know what exactly triggers it.

Checking back in on this topic. Me and Trix were in game today and came to the conclusion that not just gang members can soil your time, but any player not in a gang. and still the timer doesn't restart until the end of the time so you have no idea. with people running through areas with the case it seems to be hit or miss if your time gets soiled or not.

again, not sure if this was by design or is in fact a bug. looking for clarification on script parameters or possible testing procedure I can do to see if this is actually a bug.

Cheers brothers!
[UVA]Scooby
Site Admin

Post by [UVA]Scooby »

i guess we need to look at what exactly triggers the reset to know if its a bug.
if a territorys gang member enters their territory, you have, 30 secs to kill them, i think its 30, and then if you dont, the timer will reset and they will have secured their territory.
it shouldnt reset if they pass through.
we can do some testing on this in dev when we have a couple of players online to test it.